Horsemen Helping Horsemen
General Nominating Meeting for the Mountaineer Park HBPA Board of Directors 2020 Election
August 10, 2020
11 am, The Kitchen
Ed Shilling, Bill Witherow & Geoffrey Dixon
Procedures for Nominating a Candidate
- The nomination committee may nominate candidates
- Nominations will be accepted at the nomination meeting with a nomination, a first and second by licensed owners or trainers who are members of the HBPA (a member is someone who has started a horse in the last year)
- Within 15 days (August 25) of the meeting a petition with more than 30 licensed owners and trainers can be submitted to the committee. Petitions will be available at the meeting.
Eligibility Requirements of Board of Directors
- Started one of more horses a minimum of five times per while a member in the past two years immediately preceding the date of nomination.
- Must have raced at Mountaineer at least fifty percent (50%) of the racing season in the two years preceding the nomination.
Eligibility Requirements of President
- Started one of more horses a minimum of five times in the three years preceding the nomination.
- Must have raced at Mountaineer at least fifty percent (50%) of the racing season in the three years preceding the nomination.
Election: Counting of Ballots October 30, 2020.